Tips on buying & building your new home
Buying off the plan can be daunting, however with these easy steps you’ll be moving in to your new home sooner than you think.
Steps to Buying
1. HOLD: Secure a block of land with a signed expression of interested and $2,500 deposit. This is refundable to you if you don’t proceed.
2. SIGN: Your commitment to buy the land and sign your land contracts will be subject to you receiving your loan approval.
3. APPROVAL: Once you have received your loan approval your contract is unconditional.
4. SETTLEMENT: The balance of your land purchase is payable on settlement of the land contract.
Steps to Building your Home
1. CHOOSE: Build your own home or choose a pre-designed home from the house & land package options. A small deposit is normally required at this stage.
2. SIGN: Sign your building contract. The builder will require an additional deposit.
3. DESIGN: The house will require approval of the design from the developer.
4. CONSTRUCT: Building approval from the local council is obtained then construction can begin. Most builders require progress payments, usually at five stages: slab down, frame up, roof on, lock-up and practical completion – refer to your builder.
5. COMPLETE: Time to move in!